Effective:: January 1, 2018
PROGRAM OVERVIEW: The Tax Express and Loans Referral Program (the “Max Return Plus+ Program” or the “Referral Program” or the “Program”) is offered by Tax Express and Loans (“Tax E & L”) and provides the opportunity to refer your friends, associates, and family members to Tax Express and Loans and receive compensation. You do not have to be a Tax Express and Loans client to participate in the Referral Program.
PROGRAM DETAILS: The Program cannot be combined with any other offers and is valid only in the United States. Tax Express and Loans will award cash in the form of a check (the “Reward”) to any Eligible Referrer (as defined below) who refers an Eligible New Client (as defined below) in compliance with these Referral Program Rules (the “Rules”). Rewards will be calculated based on the Tax Express and Loans Product(s) selected by the Eligible New Client for filing their previous year’s tax return with Tax Express and Loans. The Reward will be issued to the Eligible Referrer following the second consecutive week after the current year’s tax season has ended (on or after April 15th of the current year), and after Tax Express and Loans has received full payment from the Eligible New Client provided that the Eligible New Client’s account is active and in good standing as of the end of the current year’s tax season. Tax Express and Loans reserves the right to add, modify and/or delete any Rewards and/or requirements to receive any Rewards. Tax Express and Loans’ decision with respect to all aspects of the Referral Program is final and binding.
DEFINITION OF AN ELIGIBLE REFERRER: To qualify as an “Eligible Referrer”:
(1)you must be: (a) a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, who is 18 years of age or older; or (b) a business operating in the United States; and (2) for Tax Express and Loans clients, your existing account(s) must be in good standing at the time of the referral.
New Tax Express and Loans clients, existing Tax Express and Loans clients, as well as former Tax Express and Loans clients are prohibited from referring themselves. The Eligible Referrer cannot resell Tax Express and Loans services and doing so may result in immediate disqualification.
DEFINITION OF AN ELIGIBLE NEW CLIENT: An “Eligible New Client” is an individual or business that (1) is not currently, and has never previously been, a Tax Express and Loans client; (2) is not already registered as a Tax Express and Loans lead or contact in Tax Express and Loans Business’s records; (3) Is required to file their taxes for the current tax season (4) files their previous years taxes in the current tax season while this Referral Program is still active, (5) lists and Eligible Referrer as the person who referred them; and (6) maintains a Tax Express and Loans account in good standing by the end of the current year’s tax season. Eligible New Client’s account bust be in compliance with the relevant Terms of Service, as applicable. Former Tax Express and Loans Clients are prohibited from qualifying as an Eligible New Client.
You agree not to abuse any Tax Express and Loans resources, online registration mechanism or the tools on the Referral Website by conduct which is, or can be, interpreted to be detrimental to the brand, trademark or interests of Tax Express and Loans, including without limitation, attempting to make referrals or receive rewards in a manner inconsistent with these Rules or the intent of these Rules, attempting to earn rewards through illegitimate channels, participating in fraud, or tampering with Referral Program or its tools.
HOW TO EARN REWARDS: Registration for the Referral Program can be made at https://taxexpressandloans.com/index.php/max-return-plus/(the “Referral Website”); or (b) sending a Client Information and Consent Forms to https://taxexpressandloans.com/index.php/max-return-plus/potential New Clients and requesting that they include your name as the person who referred them.
- Registration via the Referral Website https://taxexpressandloans.com/index.php/max-return-plus/. After you have completed the Referral Website registration process, you will have the option of making referrals by either: (a) submitting your referrals directly to Tax Express and Loans via the form provided on the Referral Website, or (b) using the tools provided on the Referral Website to download the Client Information and Consent Forms, then by sending the Client Information and Consent Forms to potential New Clients. If a potential new Tax Express and Loans client qualifies as an Eligible New Client, you may be eligible for a Reward subject to the eligibility guidelines and Program Rules. For avoidance of doubt, sending mass email messages (to multiple recipients at the same time) is strictly prohibited.
- Registration via the Tax Express and Loans Referral form You may also make referrals by submitting your referrals directly to Tax Express and Loans via your Client Information and Consent Forms provided by Tax Express and Loans; complete the forms and include your referral list in the space provided.
- Online Invitations to Potential Referrals
- If you choose to invite individuals to sign up for Tax Express and Loans’ services via social media, then (1) you must include the www.TaxExpressandLoans.com link in your post, (2) you must state in your post that you are participating in this Referral Program and are eligible to receive Rewards, and (3) your post must be created and distributed in a personal manner that is appropriate and customary for communications with friends, colleagues, family members and business associates.
- If you choose to share via email, you must include the www.TaxExpressandLoans.com link in your email message. Your email must expressly state that you are participating in this Program. Your email must be created and distributed in a personal manner that is appropriate and customary for communications with friends, colleagues and family members. Note: You can only refer any friend, colleague or family member via email one-time during any calendar year. Sending mass email messages (to multiple recipients at the same time), distribution to strangers, or any other promotion of Tax Express and Loans conducted in a manner that would constitute or appear to constitute unsolicited commercial email or “spam”, is expressly prohibited and may be (in Tax Express and Loans’ sole discretion) grounds for termination from the Program. Moreover, you may not issue marketing communications regarding the Tax Express and Loans products and services through any other online means, including texting, emails, on websites, or through any automated email, online or texting marketing method or program, or through telemarketing means, without Tax Express and Loans’ prior written consent, which may be withheld in its sole discretion. Further, any invitation to a potential new Tax Express and Loans customer must comply with all applicable laws including, but not limited to, CAN-SPAM.
- If you choose to display a digital banner on your website or blog, Tax Express and Loans will provide you with a downloadable banner graphic. All referrals directly resulting from the banner on your website or blog will be tracked to you.
Regardless of how the Referrer has registered to participate in the Referral Program, should an Eligible New Customer be referred by more than one Eligible Referrer, only the original Eligible Referrer validated by Tax Express and Loans shall be entitled to be considered to receive all or any portion of the Reward. Referrals are considered active for two (2) years and shall expire after such time. If a prospective Tax Express and Loans customer has not used Tax Express and Loans’ products and or services within two (2) years after the Eligible Referrer submits a referral, said referral shall expire and the requisite Eligible Referrer shall not be entitled to a Reward if the prospective Tax Express and Loans customer subsequently purchases Tax Express and Loans products or services.
REWARD ISSUANCE: The Reward will be issued to the Eligible Referrer in the form of a check. In the event the Eligible Referrer’s account has a past due balance (in the case where the Eligible Referrer is a Tax Express and Loans client), Tax Express and Loans may elect to offset the Reward against any such past due balance. In any case, Rewards may be considered taxable income and may be subject to local, state and federal taxes.
GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating in the Referral Program, you agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Tax Express and Loans, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability or damages which may arise out of participation in the Referral Program or out of the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of any Reward or products attained through this Referral Program. You further agree not to: (a) bind, create any obligation (express or implied) or negotiate prices or other terms and conditions on Tax Express and Loans’ behalf (nor represent to any person, including any prospective Tax Express and Loans clients or New Eligible Clients, that you have authority to do so); or (b) make any claims regarding the Tax Express and Loans services beyond those made by Tax Express and Loans in the documentation relating to Tax Express and Loans services. Moreover, you also agree that any promotion methods that you use to promote Tax Express and Loans products and services to prospective Tax Express and Loans customers shall be in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
TAX EXPRESS AND LOANS MARKS. You acknowledge that Tax Express and Loans’ names, logos, trademarks, service marks and other intellectual property (and the names of certain products and packages that are provided by Tax Express and Loans) (collectively, “Tax Express and Loans Marks”) are the exclusive property of Tax Express and Loans and that you do not have any proprietary rights therein. You may only use and display Tax Express and Loans Marks to the extent specifically designated or authorized in advance by Tax Express and Loans. Any marketing materials, communications and displays produced by you shall: (1) be produced at your sole cost and expense; (2) comport with reasonable standards of good taste; (3) comply with Tax Express and Loans then-current marketing and legal compliance guidelines and rules, which may be updated from time to time; and (4) comply with applicable laws. For the avoidance of doubt, all publications or public displays using Tax Express and Loans Marks must be reviewed and approved in advance by Tax Express and Loans prior to first use. All Tax Express and Loans Marks are and will remain the sole property of Tax Express and Loans. The permissions to Tax Express and Loans Marks are revocable by Tax Express and Loans at any time in Tax Express and Loans’ sole discretion upon thirty (30) days’ notice and immediately without opportunity to cure if, in our sole discretion, you infringe or improperly use or publish any of our Marks. For avoidance of doubt, all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, delayed, inaccurate, garbled, undelivered, misdirected referrals or Rewards or other errors or problems of any kind relating to or in connection with the Referral Program, whether printing, typographical, technical, computer, network, human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Referral Program, the verification of Eligible New Clients, the tracking of referrals and Eligible New Clients, the announcement of the Rewards or in any Referral Program-related materials. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Referral Program, who are acting in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner or who are otherwise not in compliance with these terms as solely determined by Tax Express and Loans will be disqualified from the Referral Program and all points and/or Rewards will immediately be deemed void. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Referral Program or downloading materials from or use of the Referral Website.
Tax Express and Loans reserves the right at any time to modify, suspend or cancel the Referral Program or the Rules at any time. Any changes Tax Express and Loans makes will be effective immediately on notice, which it may give either by posting on the Referral Website, or via e-mail. Your participation in the Referral Program after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. You should review these Rules periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version. You will always be able to tell when the version was last updated by checking the “Last Revised” date at the top of these Rules. All questions or disputes regarding the Referral Program, including without limitation, those involving eligibility, participation, fraud and abuse will be resolved by Tax Express and Loans.
Tax Express and Loans also reserves the right to disqualify and deregister any Referrer in the event that Tax Express and Loans determines that Referrer has violated any of these Rules, which determination shall be final. In the event of such disqualification or deregistration, Referrer forfeits the rights to receive, and Tax Express and Loans is not obligated to honor or pay any Rewards which vest on or after the date of such effective disqualification or deregistration.
Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Tax Express and Loans in connection with the Referral Program, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia.
WARRANTY. TAX EXPRESS AND LOANS MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY SERVICES OR PRODUCTS CONTEMPLATED BY THIS AGREEMENT. TAX EXPRESS AND LOANS DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, TITLE AND MERCHANTABILITY.
By participating in the Referral Program, you agree, affirm, and represent that you have read and understand these Rules. In addition, you affirm and represent that you have complied with all the Rules, as well as Tax Express and Loans’ Terms of Service (as applicable), and have not committed any fraud or deception in entering the Referral Program.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NEITHER TAX EXPRESS AND LOANS, NOR ITS AFFILIATES, SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF REVENUE, EVEN IF TAX EXPRESS AND LOANS HAS BEEN INFORMED IN ADVANCE OF SUCH DAMAGES OR SUCH DAMAGES COULD HAVE REASONABLY BEEN FORESEEN BY TAX EXPRESS AND LOANS. THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THE REASONABLENESS OF THE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS PROVISION.